EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE (EB-2):PROFESSIONALS HOLDING ADVANCED DEGREES AND PERSONS OF EXCEPTIONAL ABILITY
who have attained a U.S. academic or professional degree or a foreign equivalent degree above that of a baccalaureate, or a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree followed by at least five years progressive experience in the specialty.
Persons with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business. Exceptional ability means having a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered in the sciences, arts, or business, as demonstrated by at least three of the following:
• An official academic record showing that the alien has a degree, diploma, certificate, or similar award from a college, university, school, or other institution of learning relating to the area of exceptional ability;
• Evidence in the form of letter(s) from current or former employer(s) showing that the alien has at least ten years of full-time experience in the occupation for which he or she is being sought;
• A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation;
• Evidence that the alien has commanded a salary, or other remuneration for services, which demonstrates exceptional ability;
• Evidence of membership in professional associations; or
• Evidence of recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, governmental entities, or professional or business organizations.